From next month you will face a security risk on your PC if you do not upgrade to Windows 10
From January 14, 2020, Microsoft will no longer offer support for Windows 7, and that means those who do not upgrade will not receive any new updates or security patches. Your PC will be vulnerable to viruses and security risks.
If you have cyber insurance it may become void if you do not upgrade and take the necessary measures to protect your business. You could also, unknowingly be putting your Customers at risk, or visitors to your premises that may access your network.
What are the benefits of Windows 10?
Being more efficient means being more effective and this is what Microsoft have brought to the table with Windows 10. They have a great section on their website to help you get the most out of your new operating system. Here’s a quick summary:
- Easier to search for apps, files and more on your PC by typing whatever you need in the search box
- Pin your favourite or most used apps to your start menu
- Organise ‘Start’ with folders
- Lots of keyboard shortcuts
- Make your text bigger on your screen
- If your eyes are not what they were use to be you can make your pointer easier to see
It might take a little getting use to, but most of us are use to using smartphones and this has a very similar feel.
If you need further information or advice, speak to us if you’d like to know more about our IT Support we offer our Customers or call 0845 094 0010.